The resignation of Jammu and Kashmir health minister Shabir Khan, booked in a molestation case, was accepted by Governor N N Vohra on Friday.
“The letter of resignation of Minister of State Shabir Ahmad Khan recommended and forwarded by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has been accepted with immediate effect by Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra,” an official spokesman saidin Jammu.
Amid mounting pressure from political parties demanding action against him, Khan, a Congress MLA from Rajouri, had earlier in the day submitted his resignation to Abdullah who forwarded it to the governor.
Police registered a case against Khan Thursday after a lady doctor alleged that the minister had called him to his office in Srinagar and attempted to molest her.
A case was registered under Sec 354 RPC (assault or criminal force on a woman with the intention to outrage her woman) and Section 509 RPC (word, gesture or act intended to outrage the modesty of a woman) against him.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016