Former Test cricketer Yograj Singh and father of Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh, was arrested along with three others by the Haryana police on Monday in a brawl case, police said.
The cricketer-turned-actor was arrested from Panchkula after a case under various sections of the IPC, including trespassing and criminal intimidation, was registered against him, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Panchkula, Rahul Sharma said on Monday.
Yograj, with his family members and relatives, was celebrating a birthday in the family, Sharma said, adding, the
incident took place after the party ended and relatives proceeded to their Panchkula residence.
The relatives had an argument with their neighbours over parking of a car, following which they called Yograj, he said.
A fight broke out between Yograj and the opposite side, a retired Chandigarh police DSP, when the former cricketer reached the scene along with some other persons, Sharma added.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Before his arrest, Yograj had told reporters that the DSP’s sons allegedly had a scuffle with his relatives.
However, the DSP had maintained that Yograj’s side assaulted them first.
Cross FIRs have been lodged under various sections of the IPC and four persons, including Yograj and one of his associates, were taken into custody, Sharma said, adding, the DSP and one more person have been taken into custody from the opposite side.
Yograj had been booked on various charges including trespassing and criminal intimidation in connection with the incident, he said.
“Both the parties have lodged FIRs. We have arrested Yograj and others in the case. We are in the process of verifying allegations,” he added.
56-year-old Yograj had recently undergone surgery to remove a throat tumour in the United States.
Yograj is a noted actor and has done many films, most of them Punjabi. Last year, he also featured in Bollywood film ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’.