The Congress will not allow those who looted Bellary to return from jail to rule the district again Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi said in a veiled reference to former BJP minister in charge of Bellary G Janardhan Reddy here in the course of an election rally Friday.
Making his only reference to the BJP candidate in the fray for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls in Bellary – B Sriraramulu, a close associate of Janardhan Reddy who is awaiting trial for running an illegal mining mafia in Bellary, the Congress vice-president said the corrupt would not be allowed to rise again.
“No corruption will be allowed in Bellary. Those in jail will not come back to rule over you again,’’ Rahul Gandhi said at the district stadium in Bellary in the course of the first of his two election rallies in Karnataka on Friday.
“Corruption will be fought in Bellary. The wealth of Bellary will be used for the benefit of the people of Bellary. Schools and hospitals will be built, roads will be constructed,’’ the Congress leader said in his first appearance in the mining district.
Rahul said his family has a special relationship with Bellary since his mother Sonia Gandhi had successfully contested from the constituency.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“You all know what Bellary was, how it was looted and what they did with your wealth. People say it was the Bellary government that was running Karnataka when the BJP was in power. Bellary was looted,’’ he said.
“They go around talking about corruption all around the country. In Karnataka, they talk about it with Yeddyurappa sitting next to them. They do not see the corruption in their own party,’’ Rahul said.
He claimed the Congress intends to make Karnataka a hub for manufacturing.
“What is made in China will be made in Karnataka. A manufacturing revolution will be brought to Karnataka,’’ he said.
The Congress vice-president said his party intends to run a government of the poor and backward but would at the same time focus on economic and industrial development.