A woman passenger was killed on Thursday after she was pushed off a moving train by an allegedly drunk ticket examiner for trying to board an AC coach while carrying a general class ticket in Maharashtra’s Jalgaon district, police said.
The TTE identified as Sampat Salunkhe, has been arrested, they said.
According to a complaint filed with Jalgaon GRP by the nephew of the deceased, Ujjwala Pandey (38), tried to board an AC coach of LTT-Rajendranagar Patna Express when she was stopped by Salunkhe.
As the train started moving, fearing she would miss it, Ujjwala, with her 10-year-old daughter Palak, made another attempt at boarding following which she was given a hefty shove by Salunkhe.
The victim lost her balance and fell into the gap between the train and platform. Ujjwala’s nephew Rahul Purohit, who had come to see her off, raised an alarm and the train was brought to a grinding halt. However, by then she had been run over and killed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Salunkhe, fearing public anger, hid inside the pantry car but an angry crowed dragged him out and handed over to the police after a sound thrashing.
The TTE has been arrested and sent for medical examination to ascertain if he was under the influence of liquor.