A woman passenger was killed on Thursday after she was pushed off a moving train by an allegedly drunk ticket examiner for trying to board an AC coach while carrying a general class ticket in Maharashtra’s Jalgaon district, police said.
The TTE identified as Sampat Salunkhe, has been arrested, they said.
According to a complaint filed with Jalgaon GRP by the nephew of the deceased, Ujjwala Pandey (38), tried to board an AC coach of LTT-Rajendranagar Patna Express when she was stopped by Salunkhe.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
As the train started moving, fearing she would miss it, Ujjwala, with her 10-year-old daughter Palak, made another attempt at boarding following which she was given a hefty shove by Salunkhe.
The victim lost her balance and fell into the gap between the train and platform. Ujjwala’s nephew Rahul Purohit, who had come to see her off, raised an alarm and the train was brought to a grinding halt. However, by then she had been run over and killed.
Salunkhe, fearing public anger, hid inside the pantry car but an angry crowed dragged him out and handed over to the police after a sound thrashing.
The TTE has been arrested and sent for medical examination to ascertain if he was under the influence of liquor.