A 20-year-old woman has accused an Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate in Azamgarh district court of outraging her modesty, when she had gone to record her statement in a criminal case of kidnapping and rape.
The alleged incident occurred Wednesday, following which the lawyers protested and a complaint was lodged by the woman at the office of the Chief Judicial Magistrate. It was later referred to the office of the District Judge.
On Thursday, a section of the lawyers, demanding quick action against the said magistrate, went on strike.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The woman had allegedly gone missing on August 25 from near her house under Bilariyaganj police station area of the district.
“An FIR of kidnapping was registered by her father on August 26. The same day the woman was recovered from a place in Maharajganj area. Subsequently, she complained that one of the five named accused had raped her. Four of the accused were arrested and one was absconding,” said Station Officer (Bilariyaganj), Anil Prakash Singh.
The SO said that the woman was sent to the district court for recording her statement under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code before a magistrate. “A woman constable and a sub-inspector had accompanied her. During the recording of the statement, the police personnel were kept outside. When the girl came out, a ruckus broke out and we came to know that allegations have been levelled,” he added.