With Pakistan not responding to the repeated telephone calls from India, the Border Security Force (BSF) jawans have been asked to respond to any incident of unprovoked firing from across the international border with a higher intensity.
Inspector General of BSF in Jammu frontiers, Rakesh Sharma, said that during the DGMO level meeting between two countries last year, it was decided that when ever there is firing from one side, the sector level commander on the other side will call his counter part to sort out the issue. “Ever since Pakistani Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on the Indian side since July 16, sector commanders on our side have rang up their Pakistani counterparts at least 16 times. However, the latter have not responded even once,” he said.
“We are not going to tolerate any shelling on our civilians,” he said, adding that the BSF troops have been asked to deal with more intensity to the situation as and when the arises,” he said. “We have received clear orders from the top and these have been conveyed to te troops at ground level,” he said.
When asked about the steps being taken to defuse the situation, he said that that BSF was prepared to attend the flag meeting whenever it is called by Pakistan. However, the latter has not responded to any of their calls in the past.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest