With Pakistan not responding to the repeated telephone calls from India, the Border Security Force (BSF) jawans have been asked to respond to any incident of unprovoked firing from across the international border with a higher intensity.
Inspector General of BSF in Jammu frontiers, Rakesh Sharma, said that during the DGMO level meeting between two countries last year, it was decided that when ever there is firing from one side, the sector level commander on the other side will call his counter part to sort out the issue. “Ever since Pakistani Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on the Indian side since July 16, sector commanders on our side have rang up their Pakistani counterparts at least 16 times. However, the latter have not responded even once,” he said.
“We are not going to tolerate any shelling on our civilians,” he said, adding that the BSF troops have been asked to deal with more intensity to the situation as and when the arises,” he said. “We have received clear orders from the top and these have been conveyed to te troops at ground level,” he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
When asked about the steps being taken to defuse the situation, he said that that BSF was prepared to attend the flag meeting whenever it is called by Pakistan. However, the latter has not responded to any of their calls in the past.