Attacking the incumbent Manmohan Singh government over signing a Border Defence Cooperation Agreement with China, BJP president Rajnath Singh today said if voted to power his party would review it and asserted they would give a “befitting reply” to any neighbouring country which tries to intimidate India along the border.
“Soldiers from Pakistan and China cross over this side repeatedly. But our Prime Minister Manmohan Singh went to Beijing in October 2013 and entered into an agreement with them that if Chinese Army enters, then Indian army will not drive it out, instead will request Chinese troops to return back with hand-folded,” Singh told a public rally here.
“What has happened to our Prime Minister? Those who should have given confidence, do this! As regard to this agreement, when we will come (to power), we will review it (BDCA),” he said, adding, BJP seeks to have a congenial relationship with countries including China and Pakistan.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“But if our neighbour does not desist from its acts, or tries to tease us repeatedly, we will tolerate it to a limit and if it continues with its design, we will not desist from giving a befitting reply,” he added. In October last, India and China had signed a Border Defence Cooperation Agreement to maintain peace and tranquillity on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
With the signing of the agreement, both the countries reached a comprehensive agreement to avoid border tensions and army face-offs along the LAC by deciding that neither side will use military capability to attack the other nor tail patrols along the border.
In a scathing attack on Congress-led UPA government, over killing of Indian soldiers on the border and repeated attacks by Pakistani troops, the BJP president said, “Pakistani solider repeatedly intrude into our territory and they attack our jawans.
“Even after that our government sits silent. I want to question PM, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul, what sin have Indian soldiers done? Do you think our Jawans are weak. Just give free hand to Indian Army and then see, no country can dare to see toward us with any ill-design,” he added.