Attacking the incumbent Manmohan Singh government over signing a Border Defence Cooperation Agreement with China, BJP president Rajnath Singh today said if voted to power his party would review it and asserted they would give a “befitting reply” to any neighbouring country which tries to intimidate India along the border.
“Soldiers from Pakistan and China cross over this side repeatedly. But our Prime Minister Manmohan Singh went to Beijing in October 2013 and entered into an agreement with them that if Chinese Army enters, then Indian army will not drive it out, instead will request Chinese troops to return back with hand-folded,” Singh told a public rally here.
“What has happened to our Prime Minister? Those who should have given confidence, do this! As regard to this agreement, when we will come (to power), we will review it (BDCA),” he said, adding, BJP seeks to have a congenial relationship with countries including China and Pakistan.
“But if our neighbour does not desist from its acts, or tries to tease us repeatedly, we will tolerate it to a limit and if it continues with its design, we will not desist from giving a befitting reply,” he added. In October last, India and China had signed a Border Defence Cooperation Agreement to maintain peace and tranquillity on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
With the signing of the agreement, both the countries reached a comprehensive agreement to avoid border tensions and army face-offs along the LAC by deciding that neither side will use military capability to attack the other nor tail patrols along the border.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In a scathing attack on Congress-led UPA government, over killing of Indian soldiers on the border and repeated attacks by Pakistani troops, the BJP president said, “Pakistani solider repeatedly intrude into our territory and they attack our jawans.
“Even after that our government sits silent. I want to question PM, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul, what sin have Indian soldiers done? Do you think our Jawans are weak. Just give free hand to Indian Army and then see, no country can dare to see toward us with any ill-design,” he added.