BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Wednesday hit out at both the Centre and the Naveen Patnaik government for corruption and promised that if voted to power, the BJP will probe all scams that happened during the BJD’s regime.
Addressing election rallies at Bhawanipatna in Kalahandi and Kotpad in Nabrangpur, Rajnath said during the UPA rule witnessed unprecedented price rise due to large-scale corruption worth Rs 5.5 lakh crore. “On the contrary, there was not a single instance of corruption during the 6-year NDA rule under Atal Bihari Vajpayee.”
Referring to the BJD rule, he said though the party was in power for 14 years, Kalahandi continued to be the poorest district in the country. “I have got information that research is being conducted on the starvation and poverty of Kalahandi in Oxford and Harvard,” he said. Praising the development initiatives taken by Chhattisgharh CM Raman Singh, he said: “You might have seen Chhattisgarh 10 years ago. Please see the changes that have taken place. The tribals are happy.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The BJP chief also slammed Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi for saying Centre gave funds to Orissa. “The money is not being spent from anyone’s pocket … The state is getting what is due to it,” he said.
Singh accused the BJD government of Rs 60,000 crore mining scam and more than Rs 600 crore scam while implementing MNREGA. “The Naveen Patnaik government has cheated you.”
He flayed the BJD for deteriorating law and order situation and said everyday the state is witnessing 10 murders or attempts to murder, six kidnappings and 14 dacoities besides atrocities on women.