BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Wednesday hit out at both the Centre and the Naveen Patnaik government for corruption and promised that if voted to power, the BJP will probe all scams that happened during the BJD’s regime.
Addressing election rallies at Bhawanipatna in Kalahandi and Kotpad in Nabrangpur, Rajnath said during the UPA rule witnessed unprecedented price rise due to large-scale corruption worth Rs 5.5 lakh crore. “On the contrary, there was not a single instance of corruption during the 6-year NDA rule under Atal Bihari Vajpayee.”
Referring to the BJD rule, he said though the party was in power for 14 years, Kalahandi continued to be the poorest district in the country. “I have got information that research is being conducted on the starvation and poverty of Kalahandi in Oxford and Harvard,” he said. Praising the development initiatives taken by Chhattisgharh CM Raman Singh, he said: “You might have seen Chhattisgarh 10 years ago. Please see the changes that have taken place. The tribals are happy.”
The BJP chief also slammed Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi for saying Centre gave funds to Orissa. “The money is not being spent from anyone’s pocket … The state is getting what is due to it,” he said.
Singh accused the BJD government of Rs 60,000 crore mining scam and more than Rs 600 crore scam while implementing MNREGA. “The Naveen Patnaik government has cheated you.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He flayed the BJD for deteriorating law and order situation and said everyday the state is witnessing 10 murders or attempts to murder, six kidnappings and 14 dacoities besides atrocities on women.