The YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) will strongly oppose the Land Bill and bring to the notice of the Centre the deaths at Godavari Pushkar ghat which, it claims, were a fallout of the “publicity mongering” by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, a statement from the party said on Saturday.
“We strongly oppose the Land Acquisition Bill, which allows the acquisition of multi-crop lands without incorporating necessary buffers like social impact assessment and consent of farmers,” party MP and floor leader Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy said after the Parliamentary Party meeting, held under the chairmanship of Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy to discuss the strategy to be adopted in the Monsoon Session beginning July 21.
- With padyatra, Jagan Mohan seeks to woo backward communities as he eyes 2019
- What is YSR Congress' Praja Sankalpam rally?
- To counter YSR Congress, Telugu Desam Party begins public outreach programme
- Bypoll loss signals another crisis for Jagan Reddy’s party
- Jagan fast: Is his demand for Andhra Pradesh's special status just a publicity stunt?
- Two YSR Congress MPs back TDP
“The party will also highlight the fact that Naidu and his publicity mongering was responsible for the tragedy at Pushkar ghat in Rajahmundry in which nearly 30 persons died. The CM, instead of offering puja at the designated Saraswathi Ghat, deviated from protocol and took the dip at the main ghat and posed for cameras, keeping the devotees waiting for over three hours, which resulted in the stampede,” the MP said.
“We will also bring to the notice of the Centre the water sharing issue and the indiscriminate drawing of water by Telangana,” he said.