Figure this. “If anyone dares to touch my people, I will destroy his gushti (extended family). I will destroy their homes and entire extended families.” What comes to mind? A dialogue from a film where the villain threatens to unleash his goons on hapless villagers?
But wait before you start praising the dialogue delivery. It’s a vitriolic speech made by Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Paul during a public meeting in West Bengal. Talking of revenge, Paul breached the line from being reel to real. For Paul is a known face in Bengali movies.
Paul is a popular actor of Bengali cinema and has won the Filmfare Award for his role in Saheb. He has also acted in Abodh, Madhuri Dixit’s debut film in 1986.
Paul is a Member of Parliament from Krishnanagar constituency of Nadia distract in West Bengal.
Addressing a workers’ meeting at Chowmatha village in Tehatta in Nadia district on June 14, Paul said, “If any opponent (of the Trinamool) touches any Trinamool girl, any father, any child, I will destroy his entire family. Aamar chheleder dhukiye debo, rape kore chole jaabe, rape kore chole jaabe (I will unleash my boys, they will rape them, rape them).”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In his speech, telecast by Bengali news channel 24 Ghanta on Monday, Paul issued repeated threats to his “opponents”, warning them “for the last time” that while he would stay in Krishnanagar, he would visit Chowmatha village every month and, if he ever heard that any Trinamool supporter had been harmed, he would “not spare them”.