In 2003, an email circulated among the few that had mail accounts, promising the reader that he/she would rejoice a once-in-a-lifetime celestial experience. The contents of the mail read that Mars would balloon into a big red dot in the sky — as big as the moon itself. This was branded as the twin-moon effect. It was debunked as a hoax, just like the many other imaginative hoaxes that homo sapiens dream in their sleep.
Had the twin-moon phenomenon been a human being, it would have turned 11 today. The mail, bizarrely, is still in circulation. It has resurfaced again, enticing its readers to lose sleep on August 27th midnight. It is like that kid who cried wolf.
The email claims that Mars will be 34.65 million miles from earth, but a space agency debunked its claims saying that on August 27th the red planet will be 125.28 million miles away. The agency rubbished the email claiming that “Mars will be very bright and like the moon everyone can see it with naked eyes” because it will set at midnight. And, moreover, there will not be a full moon on that day.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
So amateur astronomers can stop dusting their telescopes; rest assured, earth can never be Tatooine (a planet with two suns) from the Star Wars galaxy.