What led to defeat? Bedi or I, asks Sakshi

The four-time MP had said last month that Hindu women should give birth to four children.

Written by Hamza Khan | Updated: February 12, 2015 4:01 am
"If they feel I’m responsible for the loss, I’ll do what they say,” Maharaj said. Maharaj said that, If they feel I’m responsible for the loss, I’ll do what they say.

With some blaming the BJP’s rout on its hardline politics amid controversial remarks made by some of its leaders, the party’s Unnao MP Sakshi Maharaj on Wednesday dismissed such charges as “baseless”.

“When the elections were announced, the BJP was set to form the government with two-thirds majority, as per what Amit Shah and Narendra Modi said. The party should brainstorm as to what happened in the interim that the results turned out this way,” he told The Indian Express.

Related Article

“The Delhi results aren’t good and I am also pained by it… There is a need to analyse the situation and see if Sakshi Maharaj was the cause, or Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti’s haramzaadon remark, or Kiran Bedi, or the unhappy party workers, or the office bearers of Delhi,” he said.

“Mere byan se koi nuksaan nahin hua (my remarks did not cause any loss). If my remarks can elect or topple governments, there is no need to hold elections,” he said.

“Still, if the party feels that I am responsible then they should act against me. If they feel I’m responsible for the loss, I’ll do what they say,” he said.

“And it is not as if people are bearing four children after my remarks. But if somebody wants to blame me, I have no objection,” he said, adding, “I only make remarks which help the party, not go against it.”

“If there was resentment against my statements, then I wouldn’t have won the elections again and again with huge margins,” said Sakshi Maharaj.

1. T
    TIHAEwale
    Feb 12, 2015 at 12:08 pm
    Sakshi you win elections repeatedly because you contest from U.P. where criminals rule the roost. you get elected because without you Mulayam will cease to exist and vice versa. Arvind Kejriwal can win because Delhi gives protection to candidates where as in U.P. Bihar a decent man like Arvind Kejriwal would have been bumped off. Just recall how your party and Samajwadi harbour criminals who get elected to Parliament and embly. Have you ever noticed a hardcore criminal getting elected from Delhi.
    1. V
      vijay
      Feb 13, 2015 at 6:04 am
      Congress and BJP are missing the central point- corruption, which is deep rooted. Any One in some power,portrays it and shows it off by putting poor people down. This time the public came together and hence a total wash out of the old establishment. Nepotism also creates lawlessness. If Kejriwal manages to control corruption (individual and specially industrial), creates law and order better,better health service and people in power accountable - aap will rule the country.
    2. L
      liebuster
      Feb 13, 2015 at 5:33 am
      Not because of y nor baby, defeat was due to moodi
      someone
      Feb 13, 2015 at 9:55 am
      A sadhu should never involve in politics, I dont understand y the he is still surviving in politics. He should be sent to sanyas. What does he know about family. Let him do tapas and make how many ever children he wants with menaka or rambha.
      Srinu
      Feb 12, 2015 at 9:47 am
      AAP defeated Congress, not BJP. BJP has its own vote share intact.
        Dipak
        Feb 12, 2015 at 11:14 am
        Saxi, Saxi and Saxi only"
          Kamlesh Sharma
          Feb 12, 2015 at 3:29 pm
          Sadhus and Maharajs who are in politics spoil the Indian politics and are also liable for communal chaos.
          1. N