A teen aged girl was gang-raped allegedly by two men who beat up her brother when he came to her rescue in Burdwan district, police said today.
The 14-year-old girl, was alone at home last night since her mother was visiting a relative’s house and her father out on an errand when one of the accused allegedly dragged her out to the nearby Nigh colliery and raped her, they said.
He was joined by second person who also allegedly raped her, they said, adding when the girl’s brother came to her rescue he was beaten up by the two.
The victim’s father lodged a complaint with the Jamuria police station on Saturday.
Acting on the complaint one of the men was arrested.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The victim was admitted to the Asansol Sub divisional hospital with the preliminary report of the medical examination establishing that she was gang-raped.
The police were looking for the other young man.