A teen aged girl was gang-raped allegedly by two men who beat up her brother when he came to her rescue in Burdwan district, police said today.
The 14-year-old girl, was alone at home last night since her mother was visiting a relative’s house and her father out on an errand when one of the accused allegedly dragged her out to the nearby Nigh colliery and raped her, they said.
He was joined by second person who also allegedly raped her, they said, adding when the girl’s brother came to her rescue he was beaten up by the two.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The victim’s father lodged a complaint with the Jamuria police station on Saturday.
Acting on the complaint one of the men was arrested.
The victim was admitted to the Asansol Sub divisional hospital with the preliminary report of the medical examination establishing that she was gang-raped.
The police were looking for the other young man.