A first of its kind web portal, “Mahatma Gandhi for children”, was launched last evening as a tribute to the Father of the Nation on his 66th death anniversary.
The portal was launched by the advisor to the Prime Minister on Public Information Infrastructure and Innovations and Chairman of the National Innovation Council Sam Pitroda during a Twitter conference, says a press release.
The portal – “Search for Gandhi” targets children from the age of 6 to 15 years and is available in English as well as Hindi.
The portal brings Gandhi’s life story to educate and inspire children through audios and videos by creatively integrating facts, games and quizzes.
A freedom fighter, a visionary and a leader, Gandhi’s life is filled with lessons that are imperative even in today’s scenario, it said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Games and quizzes have been designed to drive the visitors to know more about Gandhi and how they could put his message to practice in their own lives.
Unlike text books, the portal provides an interactive, innovative and technology driven platform.
The Twitter Conference saw hundreds of tweets coming in from several countries around the world, that were answered by Sam Pitroda – @pitrodasam and Jahanvi Prasad – @jprasada, Founder, Youth 4 Gandhi Foundation.
The portal is available at http://www.searchforgandhi.in. The complete text of the Twitter Conference can be found at http://storify.com/PIII/twitter-conf-search-for-gandhi.