India on Saturday said it has serious concerns over terrorism in Pakistan and it has to deal with it in the best possible manner as terrorism “cannot be responded by terrorism”.
“We have to deal with Pakistan in the best manner possible given the fact that we cannot respond to terrorism with terrorism. We are seen as a force for moderation, reason, stability and the good sense and that is a huge asset that we should never let go,” Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh told women journalists at an event to mark International Women’s Day.
She also talked about “harsh realities” in Pakistan which need to be recognised. “We still have serious concerns about terrorism in Pakistan. We have serious concerns over many incidents that have happened that seemed to keep our efforts to normalise relations back,” she said.
She was asked if India was soft on Pakistan because there was a ‘disconnect’ between the political will and foreign policy implementation in the country. “We are all on the same page in the government,” she added.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews