With Nepal government having carried three explosions in Mote Kosi river to clear river stream blocked after landslide, water level has started rising in Indian side of river.
Though there no big alarms so far, Bihar water resources department has opened all 56 gates of Birpur barrage in Nepal to ease pressure of Kosi current, especially on eastern embankment of the river that had deen breach in August 2008 causing disastrous floods affecting nine districts.
Supual administration has been busy evacuating people living in villages alongside Kosi and taking them to stay at Golden Quadrilateral crossing the district through Kosi Mahasetu linking Madhubani and Supaual. NDRF teams and disaster management experts have already been deployed at vital locations in Supaul along the river.
All 56 gates have been releasing water from Birpur barrage to downstream. The river that has accumulated too much silt over the years has been flowing to its brim.
The state government has cancelled leave of all government staffers at Supual, Madhepura and Saharsa. Bihar Chief Minister Jeetan Ram Manjhi will conduct aerial survey of the river Sunday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More