Three days after the Mandi tragedy, a video of the incident shot by a local has come to light showing chilling scenes of death of 24 students of Hyderabad engineering college. The four minute video shows how the water level suddenly rose, hardly giving time to the victims to respond.
Despite some locals trying to alert the victims, the students and the tour operator could not save themselves as they were swept away within four minutes as they could not get down from the rock where they were clicking pictures.
Some students, who were on the bank, saved their lives jumping out of the rising water level.
Mandi Divisional Commissioner Onkar Sharma, who is probing the tragedy, said he would summon the original video and examine its contents.
Meanwhile, one more body was found during the rescue operation on Wednesday. Only five bodies were recovered prior to this.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Telangana Home Minister N Narasimha Reddy demands immediate army assistance in speeding the search operation.
Jeetender Reddy, TDP floor leader in Parliament, deputy leader Vinod, met Home Minister Rajnath Singh, asks him to depute at least 500 army personnel with latest equipments, including search lights.
A 10-member team of NDRF is reaching at the spot. Mandi police on Wednesday registered fir against project authorities under section 336 and 304a. The FIR was lodged by A Aditya, assistant professor of Hyderabad institute.