Three days after the Mandi tragedy, a video of the incident shot by a local has come to light showing chilling scenes of death of 24 students of Hyderabad engineering college. The four minute video shows how the water level suddenly rose, hardly giving time to the victims to respond.
Despite some locals trying to alert the victims, the students and the tour operator could not save themselves as they were swept away within four minutes as they could not get down from the rock where they were clicking pictures.
Some students, who were on the bank, saved their lives jumping out of the rising water level.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mandi Divisional Commissioner Onkar Sharma, who is probing the tragedy, said he would summon the original video and examine its contents.
Meanwhile, one more body was found during the rescue operation on Wednesday. Only five bodies were recovered prior to this.
Telangana Home Minister N Narasimha Reddy demands immediate army assistance in speeding the search operation.
Jeetender Reddy, TDP floor leader in Parliament, deputy leader Vinod, met Home Minister Rajnath Singh, asks him to depute at least 500 army personnel with latest equipments, including search lights.
A 10-member team of NDRF is reaching at the spot. Mandi police on Wednesday registered fir against project authorities under section 336 and 304a. The FIR was lodged by A Aditya, assistant professor of Hyderabad institute.