After scrapping AgustaWestland’s Rs 3,600 crore deal for supplying VVIP choppers, the Defence Ministry today said it will take a decision on the issue of blacklisting the firm after consultations with the Law Ministry and CBI.
“We are examining the whole thing and we will take a decision after detailed examination and in consultation with the Law Ministry and CBI. I don’t want to take any hasty action that will cause problems to us….There is no understanding between the government and the company,” Defence Minister A K Antony said on the sidelines of an NCC function here.
He was replying to a question on reports that the Anglo-Italian firm and the government have reached an understanding and the former would not be blacklisted.
The Defence Minister said the government is focusing on encashing its bank guarantees in Italy and India. “In the Indian bank, we have encashed it. In the Italian bank, we are trying to get our money. There (in Italy) they have disputed but immediately we are trying to fight case and we are taking other actions to protect our interests,” he said.
The Defence Ministry cancelled its contract with AgustaWestland on January 1 after it found that there was alleged breach of the pre-contract integrity pact.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
AgustaWestland has denied any wrongdoing on its part in the case relating to alleged kickbacks in the deal.
After scrapping the deal, India encashed a guarantee of over Rs 250 crore deposited by AgustaWestland in a bank in Delhi even as it is preparing to file an appeal against an Italian court’s stay on its move to encash another guarantee in an Italian bank.