Taking on Defence Minister A K Antony who made a suo motu statement in Rajya Sabha on the ongoing investigation into the VVIP chopper deal scam, Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley has said it is not “rocket science” to decipher the abbreviations of alleged politicians that have come to light in a note generated by the middlemen that divided the “kickbacks” into several heads. Jaitley has taken on the minister for suggesting that the word ‘FAM’ referred to the Tyagi family (cousins of former Air Chief S P Tyagi) and has said the term ‘family’ in the Indian context has a very particular meaning.
“When words in their natural course are understood to have a particular meaning, why should the word ‘Family’ be given a meaning other than how it is understood in India?,” he said on his website Saturday.
Elaborating that he is commenting on the matter as the disruptions in Rajya Sabha may not allow a debate, Jaitley said the abbreviations mentioned in the ‘budget sheet’ of the middlemen — first reported by The Indian Express — are understood in the Indian political context.
“Is it rocket science, in the political arena, to decipher the abbreviation mentioned in the note sheet? Is it not unusual for middleman to be referred to as ‘Family’?,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016