Voter Assistance Booths to help voters on polling day would be set up by the administration at all polling booths in West Bengal’s Burdwan district.
The Booths to be manned by female employees would also issue voter slips which would bear the photograph of voters, Burdwan District Magistrate and District Election Officer Saumitra Mohan told PTI.
This will spare voters from going to such booths set up by political parties to check their names on the voters list and be issued voter slips, he said. All polling stations in the district would have drinking water, sunshades, first aid box, separate toilets for male and female voters, sitting arrangement for voters particularly senior citizens and physically challenged voters, Mohan said.
Information, education and communication campaign would be launched for increasing voter awareness and participation, he said. All officials at all the levels have been directed to visit vulnerable pockets to interact with the vulnerable voters and communities to help make them aware of their rights and duties.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest