The Visva Bharati University authority is looking into a complaint by a girl student of Kala Bhavan that she was “sexually harassed” by three students of the same department.
“We have received a complaint through the principal of Kala Bhavan. We have summoned a meeting immediately and have already started our proceedings to probe the complaint,” Mousumi Bhattacharya, Chairperson of the Internal Complaint Committee Against Sexual Harassment, said.
“We have talked to the girl and her father. We shall complete the investigation and submit report to the concerned authority as early as possible,” she said late last night.
Today, the girl and her father were first taken to the Vice-Chancellor Susanta Datta Gupta’s office where they spent close to two hours and then taken to another building for discussion.
It was not immediately known what transpired at the discussion. After the discussion, the girl and her father were taken to Bolpur railway station in a university car from where they left for Kolkata by the Saraighat Express.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
An official of Visva Bharati said, “In her letter to the university authority the girl, a second year student of Kala Bhavan who hailed from Sikkim, had alleged that she was sexually harassed by three students.”
She also alleged that they have recorded some obscene pictures with their mobile phones and threatened to blackmail with those.
On Thursday, the father of the girl came to Santiniketan. He met the university authority and demanded immediate action against those students.
He said yesterday, “The boys misbehaved with my daughter and she was threatened that she would be blackmailed with some pictures which they had taken with a mobile phone.”
This morning the father took away his daughter from the hostel and said, “I shall take her to Kolkata for the time being and take the final decision after some days.”
Meanwhile, the State Women’s Commission Chairperson, Sunanda Goswami, took suo-motu cognizance of the matter and said she would write to the Prime Minister about it.
“We have taken suo-motu cognizance of the incident and have asked the complaints committee of the university to submit a report by Monday,” Goswami said.
“I will also write to Prime Minister Narendra Modi informing him of this incident and several other incidents which are happening here,” Goswami told PTI.