A girl named Misbah Qadri was allegedly denied occupation of a flat in Mumbai’s Sanghvi Heights society just for being Muslim.
MUST READ: Muslim boy denied job in Mumbai
Qadri claimed that she has been facing such problems of discrimination since the last five years that she is in Mumbai. She said that either the brokers did not show her the flats or asked her not to move in just because she is a Muslim.
She also said that the brokers and owners were always reluctant in letting her stay even after assuring that she is not a practicing Muslim and does not wear ‘Burkha’. In this particular case, Qadri was refused to move in the apartment just a few hours before she was about to.
- No hidden agenda: UPSC aspirant on why she objects to SC ban on hijab in examination halls
- The Urdu Press: Two incidents
- A House For Ms Qadri
- Man holds waitress hostage to draw her 'Titanic' style nude
- Plan to field Hindu women in Muslim wards falls flat
- Emraan Hashmi alleges religious bias in flat ownership
Meanwhile, the Supervisor of Sanghvi Heights Rajesh said that no such discrimination is followed in the society adding that the broker might have conveyed a wrong message.