A girl named Misbah Qadri was allegedly denied occupation of a flat in Mumbai’s Sanghvi Heights society just for being Muslim.
MUST READ: Muslim boy denied job in Mumbai
Qadri claimed that she has been facing such problems of discrimination since the last five years that she is in Mumbai. She said that either the brokers did not show her the flats or asked her not to move in just because she is a Muslim.
She also said that the brokers and owners were always reluctant in letting her stay even after assuring that she is not a practicing Muslim and does not wear ‘Burkha’. In this particular case, Qadri was refused to move in the apartment just a few hours before she was about to.
- Rohingya violence: UN Security Council to meet on Myanmar
- Puerto Rico in trouble after hurricane, debt 'must be dealt with': Donald Trump
- Ride on bullock cart, tea in a tansali, Rahul on Day 1 is the story of ‘people connect’
- Pune: Protesting against ‘Halal’ film, local outfit defaces posters, board at writer’s office
- Any claim of declaring war on North Korea absurd, clears White House
- BHU violence: DM seeks panel for girls’ complaints
Meanwhile, the Supervisor of Sanghvi Heights Rajesh said that no such discrimination is followed in the society adding that the broker might have conveyed a wrong message.