Rubbing salt into the wounds of Muzaffarnagar riot victims, SP leader Atiq Ahmed has said that those living in the camps were “professional beggars”.
“In every class, in every society professional beggars are found. So, everyone knows that some of these beggars entered the riot camps,” the former MP said.
“The victims were given Rs 15 lakhs and jobs. But the people being shown in the camps were professional beggars,” he charged.
The Akhilesh Yadav government has been facing flak for the plight of the Muzaffarnagar riot victims with several parties criticising the government over the difficult circumstances in the relief camps.
The SP leadership recently came under attack over holding the annual ‘Saifai Mahotsav’ at SP supremo Mulayam Yadav’s native village Saifai at a time when hundreds of victims of Muzaffarnagar riots were braving the harsh winter.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016