Rubbing salt into the wounds of Muzaffarnagar riot victims, SP leader Atiq Ahmed has said that those living in the camps were “professional beggars”.
“In every class, in every society professional beggars are found. So, everyone knows that some of these beggars entered the riot camps,” the former MP said.
“The victims were given Rs 15 lakhs and jobs. But the people being shown in the camps were professional beggars,” he charged.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The Akhilesh Yadav government has been facing flak for the plight of the Muzaffarnagar riot victims with several parties criticising the government over the difficult circumstances in the relief camps.
The SP leadership recently came under attack over holding the annual ‘Saifai Mahotsav’ at SP supremo Mulayam Yadav’s native village Saifai at a time when hundreds of victims of Muzaffarnagar riots were braving the harsh winter.