Ailing Jnanpith awardee and renowned Kannada writer U R Anantha Murthy, 82, who was in a critical condition since Thursday night following kidney failure died here at a private hospital at around 6 pm on Friday.
“The literary great is no more in our midst. At around 6 pm he suffered a cardiac arrest. Our best efforts to resuscitate him were not successful. He was suffering from a kidney ailment for several years. Last night he suffered kidney failure. He was on a ventilator. Unfortunately he did not respond to treatment. The decision on the final rites will be decided by his family,” Medical Director and Chairman of the Manipal Hospital H Sudarshan Ballal said on Friday evening.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Inspite of his kidney ailment, Murthy was very active both physically and mentally including extensive travelling and took up lot of assignments but in the last 10 to 15 days his condition worsened “to some extent”, Ballal said.
The outspoken U R Anantha Murthy who was an ardent supporter of the Siddaramaiah government in Karnataka is expected to receive a funeral with state honours. He was hospitalized 10 days ago and had until then been living a very active life.
(With PTI inputs)