The activists of Bajrang Dal and Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Friday threw rotten tomatoes at couples celebrating Valentine’s Day on the banks of Sabarmati river in Ahmedabad.
Couples were seen running to save themselves when a large group of Bajrang Dal workers suddenly thronged the place and started throwing tomatoes at them. Some of them tried to escape in their vehicles while others ran for cover.
No complaint has been lodged with the police so far in connection with the incident.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Hundreds of couples were present at the Sabarmati riverfront this morning to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
VHP and Bajrang Dal organised programmes in the city to protest “indecent” celebration of the day.
Bajrang Dal city president Jwalit Mehta, who led the charge said that they had been going to colleges in various parts of the city over the last few days to educate students about the negative influences of imbibing western traditions and aspects of their culture.
“Many students supported our endeavour. But, there were many students and others who thronged the riverfront today. We threw rotten tomatoes at them and they ran away from there,” Mehta said.
“There is nothing wrong in imbibing positive aspects of western culture, but VHP and Bajrang Dal are against obscenity in the name of westernisation. Valentine’s Day is one such obscene celebration,” he said.
Later, the activists burnt Valentine’s Day cards on the same venue.