MDMK chief Vaiko has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking his intervention in securing the release of a Jesuit priest from Tamil Nadu, who was abducted by unidentified gunmen in Afghanistan on June 2.
In his letter to Modi, Vaiko contended that 47-year-old Fr Alexis Prem Kumar S J has dedicated himself for uplift of Tribal people throughout his life and also served for the Sri Lankan refugees in Tamil Nadu.
“I am afraid his life is in danger. I would request you to take appropriate immediate measures with the Government of Afghanistan to secure the release of the Catholic Priest,” Vaiko said.
The priest, serving as Country Director in Afghanistan for Jesuit Refugee Service, was abducted in Herat province on Monday, nearly 11 days after the Indian consulate was attacked by armed men.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest