BJP chief Rajnath Singh Saturday inducted former Army Chief Gen V K Singh into the party along with over 100 other ex-servicemen.
“In today’s circumstances, the BJP alone is the nationalist alternative working in national interest. We ex-servicemen, who have served on borders, should work with nationalist forces. So, we decided to move with BJP to bring a government which is stable, strong and takes decisions in national interest,” Gen Singh said. “I am confident we can achieve this dream,” he said, invoking Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan, “Jai jawan, jai kisan, jai vigyan”.
A clutch of BJP supporters also resorted to sloganeering — “Desh ka raksha mantri kaisa ho, General V K Singh jaisa ho” — suggesting that V K Singh be made Defence Minister if the BJP comes to power.
Welcoming the former Army chief into the party, Rajnath praised the armed forces for their discipline and bravery and charged the UPA regime for leaving “holes” in the national security framework. He also deplored the alleged kickbacks in the procurement of armaments.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
New Delhi: Ahead of V K Singh’s induction, actress Rakhi Sawant gatecrashed the party. “It is my house, I am the BJP’s daughter. I have come here to have tea. I don’t know if I will be joining the BJP, it is up to the senior leaders,” Rakhi said. “Just the way I have come from Mumbai to Delhi, I want the junta to come out and vote for Narendra Modi. I am certain he will be PM,” she added.