BJP chief Rajnath Singh Saturday inducted former Army Chief Gen V K Singh into the party along with over 100 other ex-servicemen.
“In today’s circumstances, the BJP alone is the nationalist alternative working in national interest. We ex-servicemen, who have served on borders, should work with nationalist forces. So, we decided to move with BJP to bring a government which is stable, strong and takes decisions in national interest,” Gen Singh said. “I am confident we can achieve this dream,” he said, invoking Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan, “Jai jawan, jai kisan, jai vigyan”.
A clutch of BJP supporters also resorted to sloganeering — “Desh ka raksha mantri kaisa ho, General V K Singh jaisa ho” — suggesting that V K Singh be made Defence Minister if the BJP comes to power.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Welcoming the former Army chief into the party, Rajnath praised the armed forces for their discipline and bravery and charged the UPA regime for leaving “holes” in the national security framework. He also deplored the alleged kickbacks in the procurement of armaments.
New Delhi: Ahead of V K Singh’s induction, actress Rakhi Sawant gatecrashed the party. “It is my house, I am the BJP’s daughter. I have come here to have tea. I don’t know if I will be joining the BJP, it is up to the senior leaders,” Rakhi said. “Just the way I have come from Mumbai to Delhi, I want the junta to come out and vote for Narendra Modi. I am certain he will be PM,” she added.