- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
V K Singh joins BJP, Rajnath Singh lauds armed forces
BJP chief Rajnath Singh Saturday inducted former Army Chief Gen V K Singh into the party along with over 100 other ex-servicemen.
“In today’s circumstances, the BJP alone is the nationalist alternative working in national interest. We ex-servicemen, who have served on borders, should work with nationalist forces. So, we decided to move with BJP to bring a government which is stable, strong and takes decisions in national interest,” Gen Singh said. “I am confident we can achieve this dream,” he said, invoking Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan, “Jai jawan, jai kisan, jai vigyan”.
A clutch of BJP supporters also resorted to sloganeering — “Desh ka raksha mantri kaisa ho, General V K Singh jaisa ho” — suggesting that V K Singh be made Defence Minister if the BJP comes to power.
Welcoming the former Army chief into the party, Rajnath praised the armed forces for their discipline and bravery and charged the UPA regime for leaving “holes” in the national security framework. He also deplored the alleged kickbacks in the procurement of armaments.
New Delhi: Ahead of V K Singh’s induction, actress Rakhi Sawant gatecrashed the party. “It is my house, I am the BJP’s daughter. I have come here to have tea. I don’t know if I will be joining the BJP, it is up to the senior leaders,” Rakhi said. “Just the way I have come from Mumbai to Delhi, I want the junta to come out and vote for Narendra Modi. I am certain he will be PM,” she added.