At least six persons, including a child, were killed in a flash flood that struck Navthana village under the Ghansai sub-division of Uttarakhand’s Tehri district. The administration has so far recovered five bodies. The incident occurred in the wee hours of Thursday.
The district magistrate of Tehri Yugul Kishore, who is camping at the disaster site, said about six houses have also buried under the debris. The village is situated about 60 km away from the Tehri district headquarters. Rescue operation undertaken by the CISF jawans, local disaster management centre and fire brigade unit, is going on at the time of filing this report.
This is the second incident of disaster in this week. Two days back, a landslide caused by heavy rains had killed six persons in Pithoragarh district.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
State hit by heavy rains
Uttarakhand has already been affected by landslides following heavy rainfall in the state.
Triggered by heavy rainfall in the Garhwal Himalayas, fresh landslides at 25 places had blocked more than 150 key roads in Uttarakhand, among them those linking Rudraprayag to Kedarnath, Rishikesh to Gangotri and Rishikesh to Yamnotri.
The Rishikesh-Badrinath National Highway too were badly affected, forcing the state government to halt the Kedarnath yatra routes for the time being.
Elsewhere, the landslides have paralyzed life in large swathes of Rudrapryag, Chamoli, Uttarkashi, Pauri and Tehri districts.
A 400-member joint Border Roads Organisation (BRO) and PWD team has been deployed to clear the roads of debris.
(With PTI inputs)