A 55-year-old man of Jaspur village in Tehri district was buried alive in debris and five others injured after cloudburst in the area early this morning.
The cloudburst took place in the village at around 4 am in the state capital which received heavy rains since last night, Disaster Management Centre officials said.
- More deaths in flood-hit Assam, Bihar, West Bengal
- WATCH video: Uttarakhand cloudburst washes away bridge in Pithoragarh
- Himachal Pradesh: Cloudburst kills two teen brothersin Kullu
- 5 recent incidents of cloudburst in India
- Uttarakhand: Cloudbursts damage half a dozen villages, hundreds of pilgrims stranded
- At least 25 feared dead in separate incidents of landslides and cloudburst in Uttarakhand
Shor Singh got buried alive in rubble while he was on his way to inform other villagers about the cloudburst, they said, adding, his body was pulled out at around 6 am.
Five others injured are being treated at the village, the officials said.
One building in the village was reduced to rubble while four other buildings including the primary school in the village was partially damaged, they said, adding, five cattle were also killed due to cloudburst.