A woman was allegedly gangraped by five persons at Dulhera village in the district, sparking protests in the area. Angry villagers laid siege to the local police station to protest the May 4 incident following which a circle officer was shunted out and six personnel, including an SHO, have been suspended for alleged negligence.
The incident took place when the victim was on her way to Dulhera from Shahpur village. She was allegedly abducted by five persons who took her to a nearby graveyard and gangraped her. The woman was found at the site and taken to a hospital, police said.
Senior Superintendent of Police H N Singh on Saturday said that the circle officer of Budhana, Shelender Lal, has been taken off active duty while SHO Hindvir Dingh, in charge of police outpost T R Rivala, head-constable Ajab Singh and constables Sarves Kumar, Jitender Kumar and Rajender have been suspended for negligence.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A case has been registered against the five unidentified accused. Meanwhile, body of a 15-year-old girl, who was missing for three days, was found in a well on Friday in Kurthal village. The victim had gone to give lunch to her father in the fields, but did not return home.
Police are investigating the case and it is suspected that the girl was raped and murdered. The state government has come under flak for such incidents of crime against women especially after two teenage cousins were gangraped and murdered in Badaun district. Their bodies were found hanging from a tree.