A woman was allegedly gangraped by five persons at Dulhera village in the district, sparking protests in the area. Angry villagers laid siege to the local police station to protest the May 4 incident following which a circle officer was shunted out and six personnel, including an SHO, have been suspended for alleged negligence.
The incident took place when the victim was on her way to Dulhera from Shahpur village. She was allegedly abducted by five persons who took her to a nearby graveyard and gangraped her. The woman was found at the site and taken to a hospital, police said.
Senior Superintendent of Police H N Singh on Saturday said that the circle officer of Budhana, Shelender Lal, has been taken off active duty while SHO Hindvir Dingh, in charge of police outpost T R Rivala, head-constable Ajab Singh and constables Sarves Kumar, Jitender Kumar and Rajender have been suspended for negligence.
A case has been registered against the five unidentified accused. Meanwhile, body of a 15-year-old girl, who was missing for three days, was found in a well on Friday in Kurthal village. The victim had gone to give lunch to her father in the fields, but did not return home.
Police are investigating the case and it is suspected that the girl was raped and murdered. The state government has come under flak for such incidents of crime against women especially after two teenage cousins were gangraped and murdered in Badaun district. Their bodies were found hanging from a tree.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016