Several civil service aspirants continued their protest on Wednesday demanding scrapping of Civil Services Aptitude Test, with RJD MP Pappu Yadav and his supporters joining the agitation. The protesters, led by Yadav, gathered outside BJP headquarter on Ashoka Road around 1.30 PM and raised slogans against BJP and CSAT exam.
Rashtriya Janata Dal MP Rajesh Ranjan, also known as Pappu Yadav said, “It is not a question of English or Hindi. It is a question of the rights of youths who belong to poor and lower middle-class families and come from villages, those who have studied in Indian languages and on this issue we will not compromise”.
Some members of Delhi-based Akhil Bhartiya Mithila Sangh also participated in the protest. The civil services preliminary examination will be held on August 24 with some changes announced by government including that English marks in CSAT-II will not be included for gradation or merit in the preliminary examination.
There are two compulsory papers of 200 marks each in the civil services preliminary examination. These papers are also known as CSAT I and CSAT II. The CSAT-II paper carries questions on comprehension, interpersonal skills including communication skills, logical reasoning and analytical ability, decision-making and problem-solving, general mental ability, basic numeracy, and English language comprehension skills (of Class X level).
The CSAT pattern was implemented from 2011. The civil services examination is conducted in three stages–preliminary, main and interview–to choose candidates for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More