A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two persons at a prominent school here on July 2, according to a delayed complaint filed by the parents earlier this week. The accused are suspected to be school employees. While a physical instructor and a guard of the school have been detained, no arrests have been made yet.
The incident is reported to have happened at the Vibgyor International School in Tubarahalli near Varthur, in east Bangalore, during school hours on July 2. The parents of the child, a Class 1 student, filed the complaint on July 14, after a medical practitioner confirmed that she had been sexually abused. They had taken her to the doctor last weekend after she complained of pain.
“We received a complaint about the rape on Monday from the parents of the child and registered a case of rape against two persons,” confirmed Joint Commissioner of Police for Law and Order (East) K V Sharath Chandra. “We have questioned the staff and management,” he said.
While the child has not been able to identify her attackers, police are relying on medical tests to nail the accused.
Meanwhile, parents of students have been protesting against the school management for the last two days. Senior police officials, including ACP (Crime) Pronab Mohanty and DCP (Crime) Abhishek Goyal visited the school on Wednesday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
PTI quoted Rustom Kerawala, spokesperson for the school management, as saying, “If somebody is found guilty of raping, let him be hanged.” He said the school management was cooperating with the investigating authorities. “We are waiting for the final conclusion from authorities.”