A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two persons at a prominent school here on July 2, according to a delayed complaint filed by the parents earlier this week. The accused are suspected to be school employees. While a physical instructor and a guard of the school have been detained, no arrests have been made yet.
The incident is reported to have happened at the Vibgyor International School in Tubarahalli near Varthur, in east Bangalore, during school hours on July 2. The parents of the child, a Class 1 student, filed the complaint on July 14, after a medical practitioner confirmed that she had been sexually abused. They had taken her to the doctor last weekend after she complained of pain.
“We received a complaint about the rape on Monday from the parents of the child and registered a case of rape against two persons,” confirmed Joint Commissioner of Police for Law and Order (East) K V Sharath Chandra. “We have questioned the staff and management,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While the child has not been able to identify her attackers, police are relying on medical tests to nail the accused.
Meanwhile, parents of students have been protesting against the school management for the last two days. Senior police officials, including ACP (Crime) Pronab Mohanty and DCP (Crime) Abhishek Goyal visited the school on Wednesday.
PTI quoted Rustom Kerawala, spokesperson for the school management, as saying, “If somebody is found guilty of raping, let him be hanged.” He said the school management was cooperating with the investigating authorities. “We are waiting for the final conclusion from authorities.”