The death toll in the Gorakhdham train accident in the district on Tuesday climbed to 25 with recovery of more bodies since last night. “11 more bodies have been recovered by the rescue team since last night in the train accident in which 103 others have been injured,” District Magistrate Bharat Lal said.
Gas cutter are being used to cut bogies and efforts are going on to clear the track, he said. The Gorakhpur-bound Gorakhdham Express on Monday derailed and rammed into a stationary freight train near a railway station here. Six bogies of the train were damaged in the accident which occurred near Churaib Railway Station.
Preliminary reports had said that fractured rails could have led to the accident. The UP Home Department had yesterday said that 40 people are feared killed in the accident.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen