In order to seek suggestions from people for improving governance, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is planning to launch a campaign on Facebook and has named it ‘Talk To Your CM’.
The campaign’s punchline will be: You too can make a difference to Uttar Pradesh. Its target will be the youth active on the social networking site.
To publicise the campaign, which is Akhilesh’s brainchild, seven hoardings in Gautam Buddha Nagar have been put up with many more to come up in other major cities in the coming days, a senior official said.
Even though the advertisement contains Akhilesh’s Twitter handle, a major focus will be on campaign through Facebook. In one of the hoardings in Noida, Akhilesh promises to increase the undergraduate medical seats in the state by 500, which, the hoarding claims, became possible after reading a post from a student in Kanpur. The SP government aims to draw responses from the people in the form of what it calls “honest feedback” and then implement the ideas suggested by them.
The CM has advised officials to be prepared as he “expects that suggestions will pour in once the campaign goes live”. “Not only suggestions, we are also expecting that people will share their personal experiences with various government departments in the state. It will give us room for improvement,” the official said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Suggestions regarding improvement in education system and in the laptop schemes have already been taken up by the CM,” a senior official stated.
The campaign will run through Akhilesh’s Facebook page, which has over four lakh ‘likes’. The page, which discusses the government’s achie-vements contains Akhilesh’s photograph from Military School, Dholpur, Rajasthan.