Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, under attack over rising crime in Uttar Pradesh, on Thursday assured investors the law and order situation in the state was not only “good” but “better” than many other parts of the nation.
“It (law and order situation) is good in UP and better than in many other states… That is why they (investors) have come in such large numbers,” Yadav told an investors’ conclave which was organised by his government.
Be it any government, it has to continuously work on law and order, he said adding “my government too is working to improve matters”. The CM claimed the “big” participation by investors at the meet was evidence that law and order situation was alright in UP.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Uttar Pradesh, meanwhile, has succeeded to win over Rs Rs 39,000 crore investments from Mukesh Ambani group firm Reliance Jio, Fortis Healthcare, ITC and 17 other firms that signed MoUs with the state government.