A state minister and two of his staff were killed on Monday after the car they were travelling in was hit by a train at an unmanned crossing in Linebazar area, police sources said.
SP leader Satai Ram Yadav (61), a minister of state was in his car, when it was hit by Jaunpur-Aurihar passenger train at Khalsaha crossing this morning.
Yadav’s gunner Bhikhram Verma (27) and driver Rohit Dixit (35) were the other two victims. All three died on the spot they said.
As soon as the news of minister’s death spread, his supporters from nearby villages gathered on the spot and started pelting stones on the train, which had stopped after the accident.
Government Railway Police (GRP) and local police somehow controlled the situation after which the train could move ahead.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The dead bodies of victims have reached district hospital, from where it would be handed over to their family members after postmortem.
Senior officers, political leaders have reached the hospital, where a large number of people have gathered.