A day after Uttar Pradesh Governor Aziz Qureshi sought a report on the brutal rape and murder of a young woman in Mohanlalganj area of the state capital, the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday held a meeting with him.
Terming the incident as barbaric and unfortunate, the Governor had sought the detailed report on the incident and also the action taken report from the Chief Secretary, Principal Secretary Home and DGP, Raj Bhawan sources said.
The report was received late last night, the sources said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Though there is no official statement on what was discussed between the Governor and Chief Minister in their one-to one 40 minute long meeting, the Mohanlalganj issue is expected to have been taken up.
Meanwhile, despite ADG Sutapa Sanyal supervising the investigations into the case saying that the body of the victim would be preserved, it was cremated.
“The body of the victim was cremated last night by the family members”, district police spokesman said.
The incident came to light on Thursday evening when the nude body of the woman was spotted near a primary school in Balsingh Khera village of Mohanlalganj tehsil of the Lucknow by a watchman.