A day after Uttar Pradesh Governor Aziz Qureshi sought a report on the brutal rape and murder of a young woman in Mohanlalganj area of the state capital, the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday held a meeting with him.
Terming the incident as barbaric and unfortunate, the Governor had sought the detailed report on the incident and also the action taken report from the Chief Secretary, Principal Secretary Home and DGP, Raj Bhawan sources said.
The report was received late last night, the sources said.
Though there is no official statement on what was discussed between the Governor and Chief Minister in their one-to one 40 minute long meeting, the Mohanlalganj issue is expected to have been taken up.
Meanwhile, despite ADG Sutapa Sanyal supervising the investigations into the case saying that the body of the victim would be preserved, it was cremated.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The body of the victim was cremated last night by the family members”, district police spokesman said.
The incident came to light on Thursday evening when the nude body of the woman was spotted near a primary school in Balsingh Khera village of Mohanlalganj tehsil of the Lucknow by a watchman.