The Lucknow Police will soon be using drones for everyday policing as their “functional eyes in the sky” that will not only give live feed of an area, but may also shower pepper spray to disperse unruly crowds.
These unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are already in use in various sensitive parts of Uttar Pradesh for taking aerial photographs, and it will be for the first time they will be used to control crowds.
“We are planning to use these drones to control unruly mobs by showering them with pepper spray. This will be less harsh measure than the lathi-charge and we hope it will be more effective,” said Yashasvi Yadav, senior superintendent of police (SSP), Lucknow.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He said, the Lucknow Police have already placed order to acquire four drones, with capacity of lifting two kg weight. The drones will be used on daily basis in maintaining the law and order and identifying traffic violators.
“Earlier, we used the drone cameras for specific purposes. But, these four drones will help us in daily policing like traffic control and taking the live images of any area. They will fly everyday. We will be able to identify people who violate traffic rules,” he said, adding that the Lucknow Police could be the first to acquire drones for such help in daily policing.
The drones cost about Rs 6 lakh each and can fly up to 500 metre high.