The Lucknow Police will soon be using drones for everyday policing as their “functional eyes in the sky” that will not only give live feed of an area, but may also shower pepper spray to disperse unruly crowds.
These unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are already in use in various sensitive parts of Uttar Pradesh for taking aerial photographs, and it will be for the first time they will be used to control crowds.
“We are planning to use these drones to control unruly mobs by showering them with pepper spray. This will be less harsh measure than the lathi-charge and we hope it will be more effective,” said Yashasvi Yadav, senior superintendent of police (SSP), Lucknow.
He said, the Lucknow Police have already placed order to acquire four drones, with capacity of lifting two kg weight. The drones will be used on daily basis in maintaining the law and order and identifying traffic violators.
“Earlier, we used the drone cameras for specific purposes. But, these four drones will help us in daily policing like traffic control and taking the live images of any area. They will fly everyday. We will be able to identify people who violate traffic rules,” he said, adding that the Lucknow Police could be the first to acquire drones for such help in daily policing.
The drones cost about Rs 6 lakh each and can fly up to 500 metre high.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More