Nearly two years after a rape convict was found hanging in a toilet in Allahabad’s Nani Central Jail, a judicial inquiry has found that he was sodomised and murdered before being hanged to make it look a suicide.
Bansi Lal, a resident of Rae Bareli was convicted of rape and sentenced to 10-years rigorous imprisonment on February 28, 2008. He was found hanging in the jail toilet on March 9, 2012. Initially, the jail authorities termed it a case of suicide. However, the chief judicial magistrate ordered a probe.
The inquiry report was sent to jail authorities on Sunday. The prison authorities claimed that on the basis of the report they have sent a formal complaint to the Naini police station for lodging of an FIR. Naini Jail Superintendent Ambarish Gaur said: “An FIR will have to be registered in due course.” He said, the report did not specifically mention any names.
Asked about any inquiry against jail officials, DIG (Naini Central Jail), V K Jain, said: “The report has not yet reached my office. I only know through the media.”
The probe found “evidence beyond doubt” that the convict was first sodomised and then strangled to death. Subsequently, his body was hanged to make it look like a case of suicide. The conclusion was arrived at on the basis of the statements given by at least 14 people — including five co-inmates of Bansi Lal.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016