The Union Cabinet on Tuesday condoled the death of Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde and said that in his demise the country has lost a visionary leader who was held in high esteem across the political spectrum.
A special cabinet meeting convened this evening to mourn Munde’s death passed a resolution to place on record its appreciation of his services to the nation in different capacities both at the state and national levels.
“A grassroot politician with a mass base and an ardent advocate of democracy…the Cabinet places on record its appreciation of Gopinath Munde’s services to the nation in different capacities both at the state and national level,” the resolution said.
The Cabinet also expressed its “deep sense of loss and grief” over his death.
“In his untimely demise, the nation has lost an experienced and visionary leader who was held in high esteem across the political spectrum. On behalf of the entire nation, the Cabinet extends its heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family,” it said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Munde, also a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, died after his liver ruptured and he suffered a cardiac arrest following a road accident here this morning.