The Union Cabinet on Tuesday condoled the death of Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde and said that in his demise the country has lost a visionary leader who was held in high esteem across the political spectrum.
A special cabinet meeting convened this evening to mourn Munde’s death passed a resolution to place on record its appreciation of his services to the nation in different capacities both at the state and national levels.
“A grassroot politician with a mass base and an ardent advocate of democracy…the Cabinet places on record its appreciation of Gopinath Munde’s services to the nation in different capacities both at the state and national level,” the resolution said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Cabinet also expressed its “deep sense of loss and grief” over his death.
“In his untimely demise, the nation has lost an experienced and visionary leader who was held in high esteem across the political spectrum. On behalf of the entire nation, the Cabinet extends its heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family,” it said.
Munde, also a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, died after his liver ruptured and he suffered a cardiac arrest following a road accident here this morning.