SUNANDA Pushkar Tharoor’s brother Rajesh Pushkar, a serving Colonel in the Indian Army, issued a statement Saturday in support of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, saying it was “unimaginable” that he could harm Sunanda and sought an end to the speculations, which he claimed “were hurting the family”.
In a statement, Rajesh said Sunanda was one of the strongest personalities and to even remotely think that she would do any bodily harm to herself is “preposterous” and “should not be believed”.
He also sought speedy investigation into the case “to put an end to the rumours that are hurting” the family. The probe was transferred to the Crime Branch Thursday. Highly-placed sources in the Delhi Police said on Saturday that the probe has now been transferred back to the south district police.
“I have been with both Shashi and my sister throughout their journey together and can say with confidence that they were a couple madly in love with each other. Differences, if any, were momentary and do happen in every household, and we do not believe that they have any bearing on the incident,” he said.
Rejecting speculation in the media about Sunanda’s death, he said both he and his father were “deeply disturbed” at the “slanderous statements” that have been made in the media regarding her death.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“I have known my sister to be an angel at heart but to often impulsively say things she did not mean and withdraw them later. Also to think that my brother-in-law would do any harm to her is unimaginable,” he said. He requested that the matter be put to rest so that peace can be bestowed on the departed soul.
This was the second statement issued by a family member of Sunanda. Earlier this week, Sunanda’s 21-year-old son Shiv Menon had also released a statement.