At least two labourers were killed and six got seriously injured after an under construction over bridge collapsed in Athvalines area of the city on Tuesday morning at around 7.30.
Following the incident, officials of the Surat Municipal Corporation and district collectorate rushed to the spot for rescue operation.
The injured have been rushed to the Surat Civil Hospital where their condition is reported to be critical.
Surat Mayor Niranjan Jajmera said that they feared five more labourers were trapped inside the rubble and operation was on to rescue them. Jajmera added that the task of constructing the bridge was given to Rachna Enterprise and an inquiry will be set up to find out the reasons behind the accident and if there was any negligence on part of anybody.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched