At least two labourers were killed and six got seriously injured after an under construction over bridge collapsed in Athvalines area of the city on Tuesday morning at around 7.30.
Following the incident, officials of the Surat Municipal Corporation and district collectorate rushed to the spot for rescue operation.
The injured have been rushed to the Surat Civil Hospital where their condition is reported to be critical.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Surat Mayor Niranjan Jajmera said that they feared five more labourers were trapped inside the rubble and operation was on to rescue them. Jajmera added that the task of constructing the bridge was given to Rachna Enterprise and an inquiry will be set up to find out the reasons behind the accident and if there was any negligence on part of anybody.