An unclaimed bag was found outside the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters on Ashoka Road in the national capital on Wednesday morning, triggering panic in the area.
Police got a call about the bag around 8 am following which a bomb squad and dog squad were rushed to the spot. Investigators found nothing suspicious in the bag.
In the meantime, a couple claiming to be BJP workers reached the spot and said the bag belonged to them.
“The couple had kept the bag at the BJP headquarters and had gone to the nearby Andhra Bhavan to have some food. Meanwhile, somebody made a PCR call about the unclaimed bag,” Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) SBS Tyagi said.
“The husband and wife were brought to the police station for questioning,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Police said prima facie there seems to be nothing serious but they are investigating the matter.