An unclaimed bag was found outside the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters on Ashoka Road in the national capital on Wednesday morning, triggering panic in the area.
Police got a call about the bag around 8 am following which a bomb squad and dog squad were rushed to the spot. Investigators found nothing suspicious in the bag.
In the meantime, a couple claiming to be BJP workers reached the spot and said the bag belonged to them.
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
“The couple had kept the bag at the BJP headquarters and had gone to the nearby Andhra Bhavan to have some food. Meanwhile, somebody made a PCR call about the unclaimed bag,” Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) SBS Tyagi said.
“The husband and wife were brought to the police station for questioning,” he said.
Police said prima facie there seems to be nothing serious but they are investigating the matter.