Training his guns on the BJP while participating in a discussion on communal violence in Lok Sabha Thursday, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav dug out a page from history to tell BJP leader Uma Bharti how much she had troubled him during the early years of the Ayodhya dispute, when she “shaved her head and dressed as a man” to “bring down the mosque” in Ayodhya.
“Yeh toh sar ghuta kar pahunchi thi…yeh toh mard ke roop mein pahunch gayi thi (She shaved her head, dressed as a man and reached there)… She troubled me a lot. So much so that I received information that she was dressed as a man and was going to Ayodhya to bring down the mosque,” Yadav said, smiling.
Bharti, seated in the front row of the Treasury benches, smiled back, but did not reply.
Yadav said that he acted smarter than her, leading to her arrest. “Communalism is very dangerous for the country. Today, there is communalism over minor issues,” he added.
Referring to incidents in Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur, the former UP CM went on to say that there were political leaders who were calling even a dispute between two boys a riot. Yadav then claimed credit for having defused the tension in both places promptly.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Constantly gesturing towards the BJP leaders for stoking communal tension in the country, Yadav drew ire from the Treasury benches.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh was supposed to reply to the debate but could not as he was indisposed.