Training his guns on the BJP while participating in a discussion on communal violence in Lok Sabha Thursday, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav dug out a page from history to tell BJP leader Uma Bharti how much she had troubled him during the early years of the Ayodhya dispute, when she “shaved her head and dressed as a man” to “bring down the mosque” in Ayodhya.
“Yeh toh sar ghuta kar pahunchi thi…yeh toh mard ke roop mein pahunch gayi thi (She shaved her head, dressed as a man and reached there)… She troubled me a lot. So much so that I received information that she was dressed as a man and was going to Ayodhya to bring down the mosque,” Yadav said, smiling.
Bharti, seated in the front row of the Treasury benches, smiled back, but did not reply.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Yadav said that he acted smarter than her, leading to her arrest. “Communalism is very dangerous for the country. Today, there is communalism over minor issues,” he added.
Referring to incidents in Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur, the former UP CM went on to say that there were political leaders who were calling even a dispute between two boys a riot. Yadav then claimed credit for having defused the tension in both places promptly.
Constantly gesturing towards the BJP leaders for stoking communal tension in the country, Yadav drew ire from the Treasury benches.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh was supposed to reply to the debate but could not as he was indisposed.