Seventeen people, including women and children, were charred to death when a fire broke out at a cracker factory in Badnagar town of the district with the police arresting its owner and supervisor for negligence.
Two persons, including a woman, succumbed to their injuries at a hospital in Indore. The mishap has so far claimed the lives of ten women, four men and three children.
Badnagar Police Station in-charge Rakesh Kumar Nail said that the cracker factory owner Yusuf Hussain (32) and his supervisor Shabbeer Hussain (28) were arrested under section 304 (causing death by negligence) and 286 (negligent conduct with respect to explosive substances) of the Indian Penal Code and under the provisions of the Explosives Act.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Fire broke out at the factory, situated in Khob Darwaza, last night creating panic in the area. Fire tenders took an hour to bring the blaze under control.
A magisterial probe has been ordered by the District Collector.
Madhya Pradesh government last night announced aid of Rs 1.5 lakh each to the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 each to the injured persons.