Seventeen people, including women and children, were charred to death when a fire broke out at a cracker factory in Badnagar town of the district with the police arresting its owner and supervisor for negligence.
Two persons, including a woman, succumbed to their injuries at a hospital in Indore. The mishap has so far claimed the lives of ten women, four men and three children.
Badnagar Police Station in-charge Rakesh Kumar Nail said that the cracker factory owner Yusuf Hussain (32) and his supervisor Shabbeer Hussain (28) were arrested under section 304 (causing death by negligence) and 286 (negligent conduct with respect to explosive substances) of the Indian Penal Code and under the provisions of the Explosives Act.
Fire broke out at the factory, situated in Khob Darwaza, last night creating panic in the area. Fire tenders took an hour to bring the blaze under control.
A magisterial probe has been ordered by the District Collector.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Madhya Pradesh government last night announced aid of Rs 1.5 lakh each to the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 each to the injured persons.