Union Urban Development (UD) Secretary Sudhir Krishna Friday held a meeting on development issues in Varanasi, the PM’s constituency.
While Krishna’s meeting was drawing to an end, UP PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav held a meeting with officials at the Circuit House. Yadav’s programme is learnt to have been finalised late last night .
Issues like feasibility of monorail or Metro rail in the city, completion of sewerage-related projects and cleaning of Ganga river were discussed in the UD Secretary’s meeting with officials from the Local Bodies Department of the UD Ministry. The DM and officials of Varanasi Development Authority and Municipal Corporation also attended the meeting.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Speaking to the mediapersons, Krishna stressed on the need to adopt a “one-umbrella approach” and better coordination among the agencies.
Krishna pointed out that the state government will have to be fast in sending proposals and, without its initiative, the Ministry would not be able to do much in developing the city.
He also talked about the need to use advanced technology to deal with solid waste disposal, besides recycling of waste water that would help prevent river pollution.
Talking to The Indian Express over the phone, Varanasi Mayor Ram Gopal Mohale said: “A lot of work is being done by different agencies but there is no integrated approach. It was in this regard that the UD secretary talked about ‘one umbrella approach’.”