Two Mizo films, among them a documentary about the two-decade insurgency, have been selected for screening at the upcoming Mumbai International Film Festival.
While fiction short “Chengrang Lanu” (Musket Lady) by Malsawmkima Chhangte will be screened as part of the short film competition (National), documentary film “MNF: The Mizo Uprising” by Napoleon R Z Thanga will be screened in the non-competitive category.
News of the films scheduled to be screened at the festival have been greeted with congratulations by the Mizoram government; the information department, besides announcing their entries, also flashed a message from it’s chief, Jim Chozah.
The government, in collaboration with a film society, has been actively trying to promote Mizo films in an attempt to counter the ubiquitous Korean and Hindi serials dubbed in Mizo and which are beamed across homes in the state and neighboring regions inhabited by ethnic Mizos.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review