By Adil Akhzer
Two militants have been killed in an ongoing encounter in North Kashmir’s Kupwara district that broke out between the army personnel and the militants on Wednesday evening.
“We have recovered two bodies of the militants from the encounter site (Farkiyan Gali sector),” an army spokesperson told The Indian Express. “The encounter is still on in the area,” he said.
The spokesperson said that the militants hiding in the area fired on the army, triggering an encounter.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Meanwhile, army has claimed to have recovered huge cache of arms and ammunition in Mantrigam village in Bandipore district of North Kashmir.