Two persons died after a Amritsar-bound train rammed into a tractor trolley at an unmanned railway crossing near Kaler village in Gurdaspur district on Sunday.
The deceased have been identified as Manpreet Singh (22),a resident of Chhotepur who was driving the tractor trolley,and Sardari Lal (38),a resident of Purana Dhariwal who was sitting on the door of the compartment next to train engine.
While Manpreet died on the spot,Lal succumbed to his injuries at a Gurdaspur hospital.
Two others Rakesh Kumar and Baldev Singh,who were also travelling on the train and standing near the door,sustained injuries in the accident and were rushed to a hospital in Amritsar. Rakeshs cousin,Vikas,who was also travelling with him in the same compartment,said that the right leg of Rakesh has to be amputated. Baldev has sustained fractures in his legs.
Such was the impact of accident that tractor got totally damaged. Its tyres flew as far as half a kilometre from the spot where the collision took place,said a police official.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The train coming from Pathankot was full of passengers. We had boarded from Dhariwal. Suddenly,there was a loud bang and we found that something had hit the train. By the time we could make out what had happened,those sitting near the door had been badly injured, said Vikas.