Two persons died after a Amritsar-bound train rammed into a tractor trolley at an unmanned railway crossing near Kaler village in Gurdaspur district on Sunday.
The deceased have been identified as Manpreet Singh (22),a resident of Chhotepur who was driving the tractor trolley,and Sardari Lal (38),a resident of Purana Dhariwal who was sitting on the door of the compartment next to train engine.
While Manpreet died on the spot,Lal succumbed to his injuries at a Gurdaspur hospital.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Two others Rakesh Kumar and Baldev Singh,who were also travelling on the train and standing near the door,sustained injuries in the accident and were rushed to a hospital in Amritsar. Rakeshs cousin,Vikas,who was also travelling with him in the same compartment,said that the right leg of Rakesh has to be amputated. Baldev has sustained fractures in his legs.
Such was the impact of accident that tractor got totally damaged. Its tyres flew as far as half a kilometre from the spot where the collision took place,said a police official.
The train coming from Pathankot was full of passengers. We had boarded from Dhariwal. Suddenly,there was a loud bang and we found that something had hit the train. By the time we could make out what had happened,those sitting near the door had been badly injured, said Vikas.