Two persons were killed when a bomb they were making exploded at Kusumberia village in Birbhum district today.
The explosion was so powerful that it blew away a part of the thatched house, belonging to Ismail Sheikh, in which the two, along with others, were making the explosive, Birbhum SP Rashid Munir Khan said.
Residents of the village claimed that Sheikh was a local Trinamool Congress leader, which was, however, denied by the district TMC leaders.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The two killed have been identified as Seikh Hasan and Seikh Barjahan.
Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta said in Kolkata that Barjahan was the resident of Dwaraka village in the same district.
Ananda Roy, additional SP, Birbhum and Surya Prasad Yadav, SDPO, Bolpur went to the village with a huge police force and seized the bodies.
A forensic team has also landed at the village to assess the exact nature of the explosion.
A combing operation has been started to arrest other persons.